The nation’s capital and the largest city in the United Kingdom.
Straddling the River Thames, and originally developed by the Romans in the second century, London has grown into a major conurbation almost 40miles across, dominating the south east corner of Britain.
Places of interest
- Avenue Road, St John’s Wood.
- Bentley & Bentley, Mayfair.
- Bristol Cars, Kensington.
- The Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace.
- Devonshire House, Mayfair.
- Eltham By-pass, Eltham.
- Hotel Metropole, Westminster.
- Jowett, Mayfair.
- Kensington Road, Kensington.
- Kings Cross Station, Kings Cross.
- Waring & Gillow Ltd, Mayfair.
With thanks to the following for the images of London:
Tower Bridge © Pixabay
North Woolwich © Ben Brooksbank
Mews, Notting Hill
Michelin Building, South Kensington © Cockney Laurie