Skip to main content

Britain By Car - A Motoring History


Created Date:

13 February 2015

Last Modified:

19 December 2023
Wroxton

The W. O. Bentley Memorial Foundation

An archive, library and small museum, dedicated to the “advancement and greater public understanding of the Bentley motorcar and its history.”

Location
The W. O. Bentley Memorial Foundation Building, Ironstone Lane, Wroxton, Banbury, OX15 6ED.

Date
2006 – present

  • A 1931 Supercharged Four-and-a half-litre Bentley, at the National Motor Museum, © Tony Thorpe.
    A 1931 Supercharged Four-and-a half-litre Bentley, at the National Motor Museum, © Tony Thorpe.
  • A 1931 Supercharged Four-and-a half-litre Bentley, at the National Motor Museum, © Tony Thorpe.

Commentary
A purpose-designed building, containing the administrative headquarters of the Bentley Drivers’ Club, and an archive of historical records relating, in particular, to the time when Bentleys were manufactured in Cricklewood in north London.

The centre is open to members of the BDC, and also to other members of the public, by appointment.

Further details