Haynes International Motor Museum
A major collection of British and international motor cars and motorcycles.
Sparkford, Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7LH.
1985 – present.
Located on what was once the site of an American-built Second World War munitions dump, the museum developed from the private car collection of John Haynes, founder of Haynes Publishing, probably known best for their owners’ workshop manuals.
With 49 cars and three motorcycles the museum was opened on the 10th July 1985 by Richard Noble OBE, at the time holder of the world land speed record.
Refurbished and extended in 2014, there are now over 400 cars in the collection, ranging from a 1900 Clement Voiturette to a 2002 Ferrari F360GT.
The cars are displayed thematically with galleries separately covering British and overseas marques, mini and micro cars, motorsport, luxury, and super cars. The upper mezzanine floor contains the museum’s motorcycle and speedway collection.
• The museum website: www.himm.co.uk.