Britain By Car - A Motoring History

Louth

A market town on the edge of the Lincolnshire Wolds, famous for its Georgian streets and fine buildings.  Alfred, Lord Tennyson went to school in Louth, and the parish church of St James, with its 300 foot spire, is regarded as one of the finest churches in the country.

Cadwell Park Circuit

Lightbox Image A challenging, undulating track, sometimes nicknamed a mini-Nurburgring.

Location
Cadwell Park Circuit, Louth, Lincolnshire LN11 9SE, five miles south west of Louth on the A153

Date
The circuit was first used for motorcycle racing in 1934, but the first car meetings did not take place until 1952.  The circuit continues today as a venue for both cars and bikes.

Continue Reading