The Oxfordshire Record Office
Originally, a church built for the parishioners of Cowley and workers at the Morris Motors car factory.
Oxfordshire Record Office, St Luke’s Church, Temple Road, Cowley, OX4 2HT.
1938 - date
In 1936, William Morris commissioned church architect, Harold Rogers, to draw up plans for a new church to serve local parishioners and workers at the nearby Morris Motors factory.
The building, known locally as Billy’s Cathedral, was consecrated on the 18th October 1938, and served as a parish church for 55 years; it closed in 1993, The building re-opened in 2000 in its current guise, as the Oxfordshire County Record Office.